In which country do I have to pay taxes?

If you work exclusively in Germany and earn more than € 400 monthly, it is more than likely that you have to pay your taxes in Germany.

However, since you live in the Netherlands, you have to submit your tax return to a Dutch tax authority. It is possible that you also have to submit an additional tax return to the German tax office.

In the following cases, you may have to pay taxes in both countries, for example if:

- you work abroad for some time;

- you have other sources of income.

Attention! Do you plan to work as a temporary worker in a foreign country? Or has your employer posted you abroad? Those cases are regulated by specific rules. Contact the BorderInfoPoint (GIP): Phone: +49 (0)241 5686155 or


More informations: